<VV> Mustang or Corvair (long)

Kirk Eck kc_eck@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 20:54:09 -0700 (PDT)

Well I know you guys will think less of me (I know you
have such a high opinion of me now) but I have to
come clean MY NAME IS KIRK AND I OWN A FORD, I have a
65 Mustang Fastback, it is real clean and i could
probably get some good change out of it if i sold it.
Here is the dilemma  I have fallen in love with my
rough 66 vair (although ned says it isn't too rough)
Right now I'm so broke I can't pay attention, so I'm
thinking about selling my Mustang and fixing up the
Corvair, but my wife thinks I  should just sell both
and buy a vair that is already running and in good
shape.  Maybe Ned and Terry will chime in on this one
as they know the Vair, I'm not sure what to do.  I
bought the Mustang when i was 18 so there is some
sentimental value to it, I drove it every day for 10
years, parked it and then restored it (I bought it
because i couldn't afford the 58 Vette, the car i
really wanted, that was in the same lot in Houston).
So here is my question to you ( I know if  I asked the
Mustang crowd they would tell me to keep the stang)
what would you do?  Should i keep the stang, I hate to
admit it but it will probably be worth more from a
collectors stand point, and just keep the Vair
running, should I sell the stang and fix up the Vair I
have or should I sell both and buy a better Vair.
Here are the things i think needs to be done with the
Vair, engine rebuild, figure out the electical bugs,
remove the bondo and the rusting areas and get a new
paint job, i'm sure the suspension needs to be looked
at and the interior needs attention in other words
everything (my glove box light works well). Every time
I look at Terry's and Ned's vairs (well Ned's before
the  incident) I see so many things I could do with
mine. I enjoy working on the cars (although I am not
very mechanically inclined) so I will do as much work
as I can, but engine rebuild and body work are out of
the question for me and will have to hired out. I
guess I  could get a real job and keep both, or spend
my son's college money...

Any thoughts?

Kirk Eck