<VV> Wood Wheel

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:34:13 -0700

At 08:47 PM 7/5/2004 -0400, UltraMonzaWest@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/5/2004 4:20:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>kc_eck@sbcglobal.net writes:
> > Okay I got an e-mail from Summit, Grant steering
> > wheels are on sale, they have a nice wooden wheel only
> > $80.00, it has a nice bowtie in  the  middle, but they
> > make install kits for 60-64 (i think that is what it
> > said) and 67-69, but no kits for 65-66 vairs, whats up
> > with that?
> > Kirk  Eck
>Those years are Orphans...Change the column...or write Set Emerson
>sethracer@aol.com   he had some made up for us.
>Matt N.

Matt and Kirk,
Here are some alternatives.

Seth's approach is designed for racing applications and does not have the
connections for the horn, but it does fit.

Clark's had the tooling made and has Grant steering wheel adapters for
Grant wheels for 65/66 BUT(!)  they are for the THREE bolt
Grant wheels, NOT the 5 bolt, which I had just purchased from Clarks.  They
did not know which one it fit at the KY convention, where I bought it.  I
need to decide if I will keep the kit for future use or not.  It does have
the connections for the horn.

-- Larry