<VV> Mustang or Corvair (long)

Delta Inc deltainc@grm.net
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 02:13:52 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirk Eck" <kc_eck@sbcglobal.net>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 10:54 PM
Subject: <VV> Mustang or Corvair (long)

> Well I know you guys will think less of me (I know you
> have such a high opinion of me now) but I have to
> come clean MY NAME IS KIRK AND I OWN A FORD, I have a
> 65 Mustang Fastback,> Any thoughts?
> Kirk Eck
**************
Don't even consider selling the Mustang.  Consider letting go your left arm
or .... did you say you have a wife ... (g) ... but not *the * car.
Get that rusty bondo-ed-up corvair, and work on getting the running gear
working, maybe even " running goooood " ..... there are various schemes to "
stabilize" rusty corvairs, so you can put body work off a few years ( 5 or
12 ) and it won[t get much *worse*, ..... also, rebuilding or replacing with
used ----  running gear is much cheaper than doing a good job on the body
work... less than almost perfect work on bodies usually means doing that
over and over ..... I suggest fixing up the go & performance stuff ( the fun
part ) and meanwhile as a minimum sign up for night classes in welding, as
in Mig & Tig ...
Hope this helps .. Ken Campbell, Iowa ... guy who traded his magnificent
Olds '67 convertible 442 away ... the guilt and pain is still with me ...
sigh ....