<VV> Looking at a '65 Corsa Convertable

Cepak, Tom A tom.a.cepak@lmco.com
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:42:50 -0500

I'm VERY new to Corvairs.  I've restored Beetles and I pretty well know
what to offer someone when I go to buy Beetles.  I'm looking at a '65
Corsa Convertible with a average redone paint job.  I can tell by
looking at certain places that someone had painted it pink on a prior
paint job.  There are several bondo places on the body.  Some rust but I
didn't want to poke the rust too hard with a screw driver for fear of
hacking the current owner off.  The engine doesn't run, but I can rotate
the engine by turning the crankshaft pully.  It has a single 4 barrel
carberator, no turbo or 4 carbs.  I don't know if the power top works
because the battery is completely dead.  The seat covers and door panels
are usuable but probably need replacing.  I think I could restore this
car, but I don't have a clue what to offer.  Any help would be
appreciated.