<VV> Re: Electric Heat

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:21:01 -0400

> From: "Jon Gilbert" <jon@gilbertgrp.com>

> OK -- based on the wattage requirements, maybe electric heat isn't a
> good idea after all... -
-------------------------------------
Smitty says:  Jon as I guess you know by now, the most common source of
bad smells is oil smoke and that is usually from leaking "O" rings.  It
only takes one to make the heater nasty.  I have read the inputs from
others concerning the De-fog problem and most are mentioning the manifold
pans as the source of damp air.  Sure you can't go splashing through
puddles without picking up some moisture which ends up on the windshield
but that will rapidly be dissipated if the system is in otherwise good
condition.  One thing lots of folks don't consider (and I consider it to
be more of a problem) is that if the carpets are wet the heater will be
hopelessly blasting away with clean hot air on the wet carpets and it all
ends up on the inside of the windows.  So it is just as important to have
a leak free body and a good fitting convertible top as it is to get the
air source working well.  Good luck in upgrading your heat system.