<VV> Re: Kid's car

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:13:04 -0400

At 08:19 AM 7/7/04 -0400, Marc Sheridan wrote:
>When I started driving my options were walk, ride the bus, ride my bike or
>get a job and buy a car :o).
>
>Kids get a lot handed to them today, but if Larry's son has been working
>along side him restoring this car then I think he deserves to drive it. He
>will appreciate and respect that Corvair much more than his friend at school
>who was handed a new Honda.
>
>Marc Sheridan

Repeating what I shared some time back.  When each of my son's got their
driving licenses I insisted that they acquire 500 miles with me riding
shotgun before they could solo.

The license only meant that they could make the car go... the extra time
was to acquire some experience on the highway, interstate, various traffic
conditions, and night driving.  They complained, but are better drivers
from the experience.

Ken