<VV> Exhaust modification

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:01:10 EDT

Just FWIW for engine swappers (or those with exhaust manifolds that don't
match), I have discovered that with a little time and effort, and half a dozen
Dremel heavy duty cut-off wheels, that one can modify non-140 exhaust logs to
fit a 140 engine. Just hollow out the holes to accept the larger exhaust
connector stacks. (This was for a 2 carb 140 conversion, and I used what was supplied
to me, so don't bother to explain the downside :-). The caveat, however, is
that you must also use a non-140 exhaust (as the manifold studs are farther
apart on the larger logs)
Grant