<VV> Auxillary Heaters for your Vairs

Martin Colvill Martin Colvill <martincolvill@peoplepc.com>
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:40:18 -0400 (EDT)

On the subject of heaters other than the ones provided in your Corvairs, any truck stop (TA, Petro, Pilot, etc.) has axillary heaters that have long cords so you can place it anywhere in your car or van. The higher end units are ceramic and have two heat settings plus just a fan setting. They plug into your cig lighter and work great. My other vehicle is a 1997 Freightliner Classic with a bunk heater that isn't working. I made it through last winter with the above mentioned heater and was toasty. Use a splitter (also found at truck stops) and you can run two heaters if need be. Just make sure you don't overload your generator/alternator. Cost for the heater is $12-29 dollars. Hope this helps.

Martin Colvill
New member
Driving a 1966 Corsa

PeoplePC Online