<VV> engine rebuild

Bonnzz@aol.com Bonnzz@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:52:05 EDT

Greetings all,
I plan on doing a total rebuild on my LM 95 hp engine in the next couple
months.It's installed in a 64 Spyder. The engine code is RG... 65-67 automatic. I
am running the original 4 speed and differential. I wish this to be a
streetable, high performance engine. What do you all (or in Florida we say yall)
recommend in the way of parts to get the most bang for the buck??? Also, what do
you recommend "not" to do?? I drive this car daily and have had it up to 115 mph
on several trips through the everglades. I threw a valve seat at 110 and had
to replace the right head several months ago, so I now keep it under 100. I
want a daily driver that will have enough spunk to show those "too fast and too
furious that a Corvair beat me" guys that old school American cars have some
guts.
I want to replace everything with new or re-conditioned parts. I would also
like to have suggestions on machine shops that can re-build my heads for high
performance.
Any and all replys are appreciated......thanks, Mark Kinnan...Lake Placid,
Fla.
Bonnzz@aol.com