<VV> Oil pressure switches

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 23:17:54 -0400

I have a little different question pertaining to oil pressure sending units.
I have a 65 Monza that I added a mechanical gage to, but by using various
fittings retained the sending unit since I also wanted to retain as
operational idiot light. Everything on this car works as it should.  I also
have a 67 Monza that I have done the same thing to. On the 67 the oil pressure
light works as it should, but maintains a light glow after the oil pressure
comes up.  It was doing this when I bought the car.  I have since replaced the
entire engine (both are 110's), and used 3 different sending units, but the
problem persists.  The car has had the dash replaced with a Corsa dash before
I bought it.  The  other idiot light (Fan/Alt) works normal.( Does not glow at
all with alternator putting out.  This is particularly irritable at night when
it is very obvious and distracting.  Is there something special on a 67 that
is different than a 65?  I don't see any differences on the electrical
drawing.  Any ideas what is causing this?   Thanks.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.