<VV> Plugging the tube from the top of the shroud to the heater?

Macdonald David dmacd_us@yahoo.com
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:32:26 -0700 (PDT)

As I reassemble my '65 Corsa I noticed that the PO had
fashioned a neat little plate that blocked the vent
that runs from the top shroud to the heater.

Seems to me that this would help cooling because more
air would makes it's way through the engine and would
help with heating as there would be hotter air running
through the heater.

It's unlikely I will ever be driving the car in the
dead of winter because the salt here in the Boston
area would dissolve the car so I don't really care
about the better heat.

I'm tempted to leave the tube blocked simply to better
cool the engine.

Can I get some advice from the group on this?

David