<VV> Plugging the tube from the top of the shroud to the heater?

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:21:09 +0000

Hi David,

Clark's sells a plate that you can use to block off the top shroud (turkey roaster). With some aluminum and snips, you can fashion your own, and while at it make yourself one to plug the hole in the shroud where the hose goes thru to the engine compartment. Drill a couple holes, and you're ready to go.

Deja Vu, I wrote this same response less than a week ago.

BTW, the hose you want to eliminate doesn't create "better heat", it justs allows you to mix cooler air with the hot air. If you live in the deep depths of liberal New England (Taxachusetts), you probably NEVER want to mix -34 degree air with your heat. So there is no loss there.
Be sure you seal the hole in the turkey roaster well, don't want any air escaping, especially in the summer. can cause a valve seat drop on the #5 cylinder. Don't ask how I know this.

Regards

HANK