<VV> some POR-15 facts

John McMahon jmac2112@adelphia.net
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:53:37 -0400

1) POR-15 contains isocyanates, so be especially careful if spraying it.

2) When they tell you not to thin it more than 5%, they're not kidding.  It
will turn gray and flaky if you do.

3) I'm about to try an alternative product called Zero Rust.  I'm on a
message board hosted by professional painters who love this stuff, so I
thought I'd give it a try.  It contains no isocyanates, doesn't require the
same degree of metal prep before applying, is easy to spray, can easily be
recoated, and is about half as expensive.  Or so the story goes.  I'll let
you know what I think after I try it.

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe