<VV> Busy, busy, busy...

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:25:29 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/2004 9:44:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
AeroNed@aol.com writes:

I've  been very busy hunting a good LM Corvair body (No comments from the EM
crowd!) to repair the Deer Hunter. I've found a few close by that are  owned
by
people who think they have a Rolls Royce or pile of gold, based  on their
selling prices.

Terry Kalp and I went to the Oklahoma City  Corvair meeting last night. We
also went to look at a car. We met lots of  nice Corvair people and had a
good
time. What else would you  expect?

I have a couple of good leads in Texas and KC. I'm going to try  to see as
many as I can and may even show up at the local chapter meetings  (KC on
Tuesday).
I've having lots of fun  looking...

Ned

If the price of gas were not so high, someone could probably make a nice
living hauling California cars back east to waiting buyers. I sold a 68 500
coupe - no rust - a perfect starter car - No dents, either. for $400 or so. It
was running - but "Under Protest"!  It went from San Jose to Napa on a  trailer.
With the cost and unavailability of repair labor, and the  availability of
mostly un-rusted bodies out here, non-running Corvairs are all  around. That is
why some folks end up with 50 cars sitting in fields in  un-incorporated
areas. They make sink down, but not rust through. -  Seth