<VV> Re: Brake Lining Thickness

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:01:10 -0400

> From: BobHelt@aol.com
> Subject: Re: <VV> Brakes
>
> Well you guys got me going. .187 inches minimum? That means the
> lining  must be at least .187.  With a stock spec of .168 inches how do
you ever
> get the  drums back on with a requirement of having the lining thicker
than
> .187 inches?
> Regards,
> Bob Helt
Smitty says:  Bob you are going to have to buy your shoes at a vendor who
gives your moneys worth.  I just walked out to the garage and measured
the lining on a new set of "arced" shoes which measured .215.  How we go
about getting the drum on is not under discussion here.  Was not the .168
someone quoted from the manual a minimum recommendation and not a new
dimension?
        If I am all wrong then don't bother to tell me about it.  I'm
sure my wife will tell me that before the day is out.