<VV> Deer hunter update

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:48:44 EDT

Well, I did it, I purchased a "new" 1966 Corvair Corsa (actually a clone)
from a guy in my own club. Thus ending all the rumors that I was going to buy an
EM.

The car was totally restored by a Chevy paint and body man about 2 years ago.
I've been in love with this car since the first time I saw it. It is silver
with a black interior. The body guy sold shortly after finishing it for
personal reasons. The car is very close to perfect except for a few items. The 110
and PG will be replaced with my 140 and 4 speed from the Deer Hunter. The car
has factory air but no AC components in the engine compartment. Rusty will be
filling my order shortly to fix that. The front seats have head rests (very rare
option?) and the rest of the interior is in excellent condition. I won't
mention how much I paid for the car as it well below the value of the car.

One of our members brought a NOS quick steering box and factory arm to our
meeting last night. I told him that I was VERY interested in acquiring that
stuff. (I told him that is was almost worthless, but I could dispose of it for
him). We gathered at a car show today and I reached a price on the steering stuff
also. Again the price was well below the value. I third guy told me that he
had a couple of 4 spider posi diffs sitting around his shop if I'd be
interested. I'll be tracking that down this week.

Terry Kalp also offered to purchase my leftovers. All of these events will
allow for even more improvements to my new car.

These guys are fine examples of Corvair people helping another in need. These
are also reasons that I will always help another Corvair person anyway I can.
Thanks a million to everyone!

I'll post pictures of my new car in a few days...

Ned