<VV> Backlite sealer ribbon

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:36:24 -0700

At 06:32 hours 07/12/2004 -0400, Hank Kaczmarek wrote:
>Good Morning All
>
>Does anyone know if the 3M ribbon seal that Clark's sells for the LM
>windshield also work on the backlite?? I need to reseal the one in the EUM,
>and already have one of these boxes of sealer.  Or would one say that the
>channel for the front glass be the same width and depth as the channel for
the
>backlite??

If you mean "tar rope", then it's the same for front or back, either way.
 It's readily available at most FLAPS.   And yes, both glass channels are
the same.

I've been doing a lot of late glass seals lately for some reason... with
yet another (the latest '69 Monza) one to do, both front and rear glass
once I weld in a small patch to repair a hole in the back channel by the
roof pillar.

...providing the thunderstorms will give me a damned break for a day or so.
   Every day for the last week, thunderstorms.    I've been trying for the
last 4 days to get the engine into the '62 ragtop but each time I  go out
to touch the car...

Maybe this evening after work.

tony..