<VV> EUM engine woes

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:33:46 +0000

All

Heard from my machine shop guy on Friday. As most suggested, the crank was not bent. the journals were polished up, re-miked, and still OK at .10/.10

I have new rods and mains on order from Clark's , and they will be here on Wed, and at the machine shop on thurs for re-sizing the rods.

Here's the machinist's ideas.

1. looked to him like it ran low on oil. But not as much damage as no oil pressure would have shown, there were no oil leaks, and the system was full. New oil pump (hi volume, which I know doesn't mean high pressure) was installed and well primed before starting.
2.minute scratches on the rod journals suggest possible grit in engine. Engine was properly cleaned before assembly, but did sit where dust may have gotten through the oil cooler holes. <Possible?>
3. Apparently the rod ends were not re-sized.

More to follow

HANK