<VV> What's it worth guide in Clark's

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:21:45 -0400

On this point, I think the Clark's guide is a bit outdated. Where Corvair buyers in the past would pay a premium for a Corsa (being considered as the
"high performance sports model", but the reality now is that premium is much lower. (It was only a trim package anyway... and equipment/condition
seem to outweigh originality in current Corvair values... rarer models (Corsa Turbo, Stinger) excepted.

The differences between coupes and convertibles has grown much larger (not as large as the sedan-coupe difference, though) and now outweigh the
Corsa-Monza difference according to most price guides.

Now to your specific issue... if you are a "driver" vice a "cruiser", you stand a very good chance to be unhappy with the change. You would be going
from a lighter, tighter, more powerful, more responsive car to a looser, heavier, and much slower ride.  I enjoy my wife's '67 vert (110/4sp... wouldn't
own it if it were a PG) for a Sunday cruise... but if I'm going for a spirited drive in the mountains/countryside, I'll take the Corsa coupe every time....

Were I you, I think I'd hold out for at least a 110-4sp vert...

Good luck!

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD