<VV> Interior bright blue paint codes for 1965

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:24:29 -0500

Norm,

My 65 Monza Vert is painted blue on the inside.  I will have to look at the
colors and let you know where what is/ends.  I believe the inside to be
original.  You might look on Group Red, I think that there is a picture of
the inside looking down through the top.  You might get some insight there.

Keith Hammett

-----Original Message-----
Message: 3
From: "Norman C. Witte" <ncwitte@wittelaw.com>
To: "'Macdonald David'" <dmacd_us@yahoo.com>, <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: <VV> Interior bright blue paint codes for 1965
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:50:22 -0400

David, if you don't mind sending the pictures, I would appreciate it. Also,
I think I want to start a web page on '65 blue interiors, so that we can
have a place for people to look in the future for current paint codes,
sources and techniques.  Since I am going to do an interior color change and
have to start from scratch, I don't mind hosting this. I think I will also
include pictures of interiors to provide an easier guide to painting.

A couple of additional questions for the list.

1)	I see that Clarks offers interior spray bombs.  Any experience with these
relating to '65 bright blue interiors?  Also,

2)	Lon, if you are reading, do you carry something for this?  What can you
report?

3) 	Harry Yarnell mentioned that he painted a steering wheel in Red Imron
and that it worked well but that Imron doesn't come in the factory colors.
Any other experiences with painting steering wheels?  Or experiences with
firms that professionally repaint steering wheels?  As an aside, the black
one on the 180 convertible is probably nicer than the one on my 140 coupe,
so if I end up painting a steering wheel, I will probably swap and paint the
one from the 140.

4)	How far does the blue dash paint go?  For example, is the support bracket
for the steering wheel blue or black?

Norm Witte