<VV> Re:4spd tranny prob

Tareece@aol.com Tareece@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:32:38 EDT

 Rog,
   The thing about being "Temporarily" in Group Red, is that it can last
years..
    About your 4spd, sounds as if its due to come out and examined.
  Perhaps it could be the UJoints ( I KNOW it seems unrelated...But I prefer
to check everything that remotely related to the tranny and diff before taking
the PWRtrain out...) being loose and under different stresses in different
gears (higher speeds may make the noise less perceptable). I know that I had
UJ's come loose once or twice in the last 30 years (yes...its been that long
since I've been corrupted into this clan of malcontents..
  Perhaps its in the shifter itself? Have u lowered the tunnel?...One word of
caution [with photographic proof] while you have the tunnel off examine for
wiring dangling close to the tube...  WHATEVER you do, make sure the shifter
tube STAYS AWAY from the ignition wire...
    Worst case sounds like a worn clutch or pressure plate
In a message dated 7/13/2004 10:39:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,