<VV> Should I use solid copper spark plug wires?

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:54:24 -0400

Solid copper wires were once trhe best you could get. They supplied the most possible power to the plugs with the top reliability and least amount of
loss.

They also put out significant amounts of RF... so much that they will disrupt not only your radio and electonics (like an Ignitor) but those around you as
well.

For the street, you would never need more spark than a high quality set of wires combined with a well-maintained ignition system can provide. Get a
good quality set of wires (like Seth's) and you'll never need any better wires.  (Just about the ultimate ignition setup for the street... when taking budget
into account... would be an Ignitor II, a 40kV Flamethrower coil, quality cap and rotor (like from The Source), Seth's wires, and Bosch Super or NGK
plugs.)

For the track? I hear various opinions... but I'd lean towards a hot ignition system (like a MSD, Safeguard, etc) combined with a set of Seth's (or similar)
wires there as well.

Bill