<VV> Use of Digital Camera

JohnB10968@aol.com JohnB10968@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:58:17 EDT

This is a tip that is so obvious that I suppose most of you are already doing
it.  If you have a digital camera that can transfer pictures to your
computer, it can be used to visualize hard to see (without a lot of work) places on
your Corvair.  I had a need to check condition of clutch connections under dash
- but my aged and stiff back preclude much climbing around to see them.
Voila!  Took digital camera, set it on close-up with flash and took a bunch of
shots under the dash - mainly focusing on brake and clutch pedals and attachments.
Didn't use viewfinder, just pointed lens towards appropriate spot and took
picture.  Transferred photos from camera to computer and then viewed them full
size on computer screen - worked great and I was able to determine where clutch
petal needed lubrication, condition of cable and fittings, etc. etc.  Saved a
lot of aches and pains.  Lots of places this should work on your cars.

John Blower
'64 Monza Convertible, CORSA Member