<VV> torque converter

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:43:36 -0400

???? GM never made a 150hp engine with a torque converter.

Bill Hubbell

----- Original Message -----
From: "lloyd biggerstaff" <lloydscorvan@yahoo.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 10:36 PM
Subject: <VV> torque converter

> Heeelp, I am in the process of installing an early 102 h.p. engine in my
1965 Corvair Monza.I was trying to install the torque converter from my 150
h.p. turbo engine onto the crank of the 102 and found that the stub shaft is
a larger diameter than the crank hole on the 102. Are there different year
coverters for different model engines and will the powerglide trans work
from the 150 h.p. engine?Thanks for any info.