<VV> solid copper spark plug wires?

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:32:07 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/2004 1:56:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Corvair@fnader.com writes:

For the  street, you would never need more spark than a high quality set of
wires  combined with a well-maintained ignition system can provide. Get a
good  quality set of wires (like Seth's) and you'll never need any better
wires.  (Just about the ultimate ignition setup for the street... when  taking
budget
into account... would be an Ignitor II, a 40kV Flamethrower  coil, quality
cap and rotor (like from The Source), Seth's wires, and Bosch  Super or NGK
plugs.)

I actually have made some solid core wires for some off-road dune buggies.  I
never recommend them for street use. Interestingly, with the Corvair motor in
 the back, there are several sheets of steel between the Wires and the radio
(unless you have the rear antenna). It's the guy behind you who gets his
radio  "buzzed". But it is not good for the ignition system, unless designed for
it, (Tough on coils) and really tough on any other electronics on the  car.
And there is really no reason to use them. The Corvair ignition system  is
designed for resistance wires. With good plugs and even reasonable wires, it  will
fire all day long - month after month, even year after year. Truly,  Ignition
wires cannot add any performance to your car. But bad wires can take it  away,
and so better constructed wires will maintain good performance longer.

Now JB said:
You might consider a set of wires from Silicone Wire Systems.   They'll
double your horsepower, increase gas mileage by 300%, cure arthritis  and
improve your looks.  I'm not sure if they'll set off  explosives.  --J.B.

Now, I admit, they haven't doubled my horsepower, increased my gas mileage
by 300% or cured arthritis - They actually did improve my looks - since the
income paid for my Laser eye surgery, But I am not making any promises  here!  -
Seth Emerson - Silicone Wire Systems