<VV> Who is Selling the Higest Quality Fuel Pump?

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:50:30 -0500

Ron,

I had occasion to replace a fuel pump (this was about 8 or 9 yrs ago) out at
Claypools.  Was there for other reasons when the leaky pump was discovered.
He put on a brand new GM one out of the box.  It leaked immediately.  Last
one he had in stock at the time and he had to make a trip to the Chevy
dealer (or wherever he went?) to get more.  The second one was OK.

Now, that said, there was a period of time (several yrs ago) where defective
pumps were in the marketplace.  This was cured, but it is possible that a
few of those "bad" ones are still floating around - bought as spares, not
yet needed, whatever.  Recent ones seem fine, but you MAY (or may not) need
to tighten the screws on top when first installed.

I have had a failure or two since that incident at lclc's place, but it is
fairly rare.  I put about 15,000 to 18,000 miles per yr on Corvairs.  I DO
carry a spare - hope it is not one of those old ones.  <GG>

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140