<VV> Should I use solid copper spark plug wires?

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:34:46 -0700

My MSD and Pertronix instructions say in bold letters not to.  Don't know
if you have either.  If not, you would do better with these upgrades.  8mm
wires are more than enough for a Corvair ignition even when enhanced.

At 01:00 PM 7/14/2004, Derek Archer wrote:
>the subject pretty much is self explanatory. Our local club's master
>mechanic swears by solid copper wires. I have normal resistance wires in
>my two corvairs because that is what they had when I bought them. I have
>seen claims that solid copper wires play absolute havoc with your radio
>and can even set off explosives if you drive past a construction site. I
>want as much spark as I can get to keep my engines running smoothly.
>Should I use solid wires even though people say to keep them off the road?

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html