<VV> Who is Selling the Higest Quality Fuel Pump?

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:28:30 -0700

At 10:40 hours 07/14/2004 -0400, Mikeamauro@aol.com wrote:
>I need to restock my spare pump supply....which vendor is selling the most
>reliable fuel pump (cost not the most important factor)? (And yes, I know
>Corvair mechanical pumps are inherently unreliable,

??   Vair fuel pumps are NOT unreliable...  IF you get an honest Vair pump.
  There have been a batch of bogus pumps floating around, manufactured with
the wrong diaphragm material which breaks down and leaks in fairly short
order.

About once every 6 months this topic comes up.

A correctly manufactured Corvair fuel pump will last for decades.

>but don't waste time trying to
>talk me into an electric pump....thanks)

I won't.   Every Vair in the fleet here has a mechanical pump on it.   None
of them leak.   All of them have been in service for years.

tony..