<VV> PF4 story

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:23:55 +0000

Good afternoon

Yesterday I got one of those calls I get about 2x per week. My inventory at Victory Chevrolet still shows we have 9 PF4 Oil filters in stock on the nationwide locator. Well, they're here, but they're mine. I connived them from the AC Delco distribution centers across the state the day I found out that they were discontinued. there were 30, but I have been buying 6-8 every month and taking them home.

Anyway, I gets this call from a guy asking about the filters..and I gave him the answer my boss does when folks call inquiring.

H:they're not for sale, have several Corvair guys in the area, and I am one of them.

Caller tells me that he is building a car for Concours, and can't find any readily available. I tell him about the Wix 51038 and the NAPA gold 1038 (same filter). But he would like to get one PF4.

So I ask him the first hurdle question. "ARE YOU A CORSA MEMBER??" and he answered Yes. first Hurdle jumped.

Then I asked him--the 2nd hurdle. "Are you on Virtual Vairs by any chance?" --and he answers Yes.

So then I ask, do you know who you are talking to?? and he says no, so I tell him.....and after the big OH!!!, I broke down and sold him one at the old price of 7.00 plus shipping.

And I didn't wait for him to send me the paypal payment before shipping, so Mark, please do ASAP....

Another benefit of being a member of our happy little group.....It worked for Mark in Columbus.

Regards  HANK