<VV> Who is Selling the Higest Quality Fuel Pump?

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:40:22 -0400

Hey Lon... if you HAD hit a deer while running those deer whistles, wouldn't you avoid that brand in
the future... even if you didn't believe that deer whistles worked to start with? Or maybe quit using
those mechanical deer whistles altogether and go to an electric version? (VBG)

My "anecdotal" evidence on FLAPS pumps is that _every single one I've purchased_ has failed
quickly. My anecdotal" evidence on Corvair vendor pumps is that they are much better...with a much
lower failure rate.

I would definitely argue that ANY Corvair owner buy a pump only from a Corvair vendor. So we are in
complete agreement that "The fact is MOST Corvair parts from MOST Corvair vendors are perfectly
fine"

And, as I've noted, among the Corvair vendors, I've made my personal choice on the mostly
nonlogical nonmeaningful fact that I had experienced failures with all vendor's pumps _except_ The
Source. And despite logic or statistics, I'll bet that's the way a lot of people choose their vendors...
especially since we have nothing more quantitative to go on.

Bill Elliott