<VV> Re: Re: Mopar on the VV

Gary mopar@jbcs2.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:28:14 -0400

"Not until '62 did Ma Mopar start recovering from the "art-deco"
tangent that Virgil Exner had taken.  Fortunately he recovered during the
tangent sufficiently to make it up with the A body cars and went on to
design things like the Valiant and Lancer...   great little cars.

Then again, the '60-62 Valiants enjoyed the same luck with looks as Vairs
and also went for several years without changing the body style.   Hey if
it works don't fix it."

I have a 62 Valiant in my stable, I love the styling. And just so happens I
also love the styling of the other designs by exner.
Different, yes!
Just got back from Chryslers at Carlisle, beautiful group of DeSoto's and
other finned cars.

Gary Swiatowy