<VV> ignition timing problem on a 110

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:40:22 -0400

Recently, I WAS having a problem with pinging. The car is a '66 110/4 and it
was very hard to start from a stop without pinging. It was like starting in
second gear. Plus, it would also ping when slightly bogged while going up
hill or being in too high a gear.

Now it runs fun, no pinging and easier to get moving from a stop. What
perplexes me is the way I fixed it. I simply disconnected the vacuum
advance. The car has an almost new Dale distributor, Pertronix II and the
timing is set at 14 degrees BTDC.

So, is this a proper fix or am I masking the real problem? Thanks for your
comments.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 110/4