<VV> VairFetchAgain...third try from different account.

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:06:12 -0700

At 01:31 hours 07/18/2004 -0400, Olia Onyshko-Hartzler wrote:
>Third try...from my wife's account.please respond to DHartzler@ifc.org
>-------------------
>Second try...seems to have gone out without the text.  Odd...in any
>case...
>-----Forwarded by Darrin Hartzler/FO/IFC on 07/18/2004 12:55PM -----
>

>Maybe some of you know Bill well and take his donation of an entire
>Saturday (nice one at that) as a matter of course, but the fact is, Bill
>had never met me before and he only knew me via e-mail because
>Chuck(ster) had butted in (thanks Chuck) and put out a call to give me a
>hand.  (Chuck[ster]'s explanation of this action literally included the
>expression "yadda yadda yadda".)

Chuck at it again...?    Last time it was to get Lonzos FC running (which
did happen).

>In any case, thank you Bill.  I had fun.

>But even more so, I want to say Bill Elliot is a damn nice guy and
>really helped me out.  There.

Ehh.... Bill's OK I guess (jealous of his cars, me).   He has Corvairs,
LBCs, knows what a Kent engine is, and has guns and knows which side of the
political fence butters his bread.

That's good enough for me.    Now, if he'd only make me a smoking deal on
the next mint green Saab Sonnet he runs across for a song and a dance...
;)

>The car?
>
>The car is a 66 Monza convertible with bright yellow paint (50 yard
>quality but with a tone that you can spot from the air if you fly into
>D.C. National airport [Washington, D.C., etc.]) and white (decent
>condition) top and has ~45k original miles.  The car has a factory power
>top, deluxe seatbelts, bumper guards, 140PG (in pieces but complete...in
>fact, the PO could not tell me any specifics about why it was running
>poorly and he pulled it apart...but that is good for me, because he did
>not feel like putting it back together...but I digress again) and has
>tinted glass all around.  It also has VG tires on nice slotted rims,
>tele-wheel and headrests on the buckets.  The interior is in good driver
>condition and the body is sound with the usual quarter rust.  Needs
>floor patches on the driver and pass sides, but is mostly solid.  The
>previous-previous owner had done alot of work on the car and the brake
>lines are almost entirely new.  A small hole in the trunk repaired and
>the entire trunk is re-painted, most of the bottom of the car cleaned up
>and repainted as well.  Along with very good tires, the seller threw in
>3 spare 140 heads, original and spare PG and differentials with lots of
>sheet metal, gaskets, etc.
>
>Pretty good deal too.
>
>If you want to see the car,
>here it is--->
><http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=702385807103>

...you didn't say anything about that steering column...

tony..