<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #759 - 7 msgs

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:00:51 -0700

You may be able to "fix" it by using an A/C type engine mount which has a
lot more clearance.

At 04:52 AM 7/17/2004, Mike Stillwell wrote:
>--- GYoungwolf@aol.com wrote:
>  The strip is there, but the gap
> > is between the back of
> > the firewall shroud and the engine compartment. It
> > has early shrouds, and I
> > noticed that the rear (where another flat strip of
> > rubber should be- is flush with
> > the rear of the engine compartment....
>
>  Grant, How is the alignment on the car? My first
>suggestion would be to loosen the trans mounts and see
>if the drivetrain would move forward any, but that
>will change the toe setting in the rear. Maybe the car
>has the wrong transmission crossmember and it's trying
>to put more in there than there is room for. I know
>that might be grasping at straws, but it sounds like a
>fairly unique problem.
>
>  Let us know what you find - Mike

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html