<VV> Re: A/C engine mount? (HUMOR)

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:30:50 -0700

I differ with you.  On the EM at least there is a very different mount.  I
have a Judson and the clearance for the pulley was so little they tell you
to put in 1/4 washer type spacer behind the mount to shove it out of the
way.  I thought that was tacky and ordered a 63 A/C engine mount from
California Corvair parts.  It has more than an inch more clearance.  Maybe
late models are different (I have none right now :-)

At 01:33 PM 7/19/2004, Bruce Schug wrote:
>On Jul 19, 2004, at 4:00 PM, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
>
>>You may be able to "fix" it by using an A/C type engine mount which has a
>>lot more clearance.
>>

>There is no such thing, at least not on the six-cylinder Corvairs. I have
>heard that there was a special air-conditioning engine mount on the
>Canadian four-cylinder models.
>
>Bruce
>
>Bruce W, Schug
>CORSA South Carolina
>Greenville, SC
>bwschug@charter.net
>
>CORSA member since 1981
>
>'67 Monza. "67AC140"

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html