<VV> 4sp lube

James Dallas BEC176@msn.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:09:15 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rick & Janet Norris
  To: Levair@aol.com ; jryall@juno.com ; virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 3:41 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> 4sp lube

  > << The only fill hole is in the differential,  >>
  > On a '65 you can fill the trans separately through the big hex nut with
  the
  > red washer on the side of the trans.
  >    I just use a small funnel and fill thru the dip stick tube--very
  patiently.
  > Warren
  Another tip is to pull the dipstick out just a little and pour the oil
slowly onto the dipstick.  The oil will flow down the dipstick into the
tube!!!  Just take your time and be patient.

  Jim Dallas
  1963 Convertible Triplets
  MCCA
  CORSA

  I'd always heard this as a joke but I didn't think anyone really did it!
Let
  me guess, you have a 1" diameter dip stick tube!
  GGGG

  Rick