<VV> 1" diameter dip stick tube (HUMOR)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:47:06 -0700

At 07:44 hours 07/20/2004 -0500, Stephen Upham wrote:
>I'm almost afraid to start this but...
>
>Two men are peeing from a bridge.
>The first man says, "Man, is that water cold."
>The second says, "Yeah, and deep, too."

This reminds me of a joke about a "contest" and an approaching street
car...

There weren't any Corvairs in it though.     Still, kinda funny in a low
class morbidly crude sort of way.    Complete text available upon request...

Corvair content?    There is no transaxle dipstick tube on a '62 Monza
ragtop, 1" or otherwise.  I wish there was, since I now have to get under
the '62 convertible into which we just put an engine, in order to see
what's in the transaxle seeing as how this car has been in storage for
decades and when the engine is finally started it will be the first time
the car has moved under its own power since the early-mid '70s.    It still
bears the remnants of the last inspection sticker, dated 1971.

I wonder what the gear lube looks like...    I bet it's the same stuff that
the line workers poured into the car at Willow Run.

Hell, for that matter, how many Vairs are still running around with their
original factory supplied gear lube?    I've never put any in my '60 4-door
and I've had the car for over 20 years and the filler plug didn't look as
if it had ever been touched when I first checked the differential gear oil
level a decade or so ago, still no leaks.

Can't say that about the transmission...  A little ATF gets fed to it on a
fairly regular basis, a little weeps out the converter seal now and then,
and the pan gasket stays moist... and the shift cable wants to drip a drop
or two on occasion... just enough to remind me where I parked it previously
but not quite enough to justify yanking it apart to replace the converter
seal and pan gasket and shift cable o-ring etc.

tony..     fears no streetcars