<VV> Upholstery Differences

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:18:15 -0700

At 09:57 hours 07/22/2004 -0400, YENBAT@aol.com wrote:
>This question came up last night at a meeting:
>
>What are the differences and similarities between the bucket seats in a 64
>Monza and say
>a 64 Impala SS or a 64 Malibu or other GM car of the same era.
>
>They look a lot alike to me but I've never seen this question come up here.
>
>The question was mainly about cushions, contruction and possible
>interchangability.

I've been told that the bucket seats seen in whichever vehicles are all
corporate pieces with different covers on them, otherwise model year to
model year they're the same frames and mechanisms.

This is what I've been told by someone who works in an upholstery shop.
But then again I've been told things by other people which turned out to be
not quite accurate.   Anyone else, feel free to elaborate on differences
between seats.

tony..