<VV> 1965 Monza "Spyder"

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:48:34 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2004 9:38:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ncwitte@wittelaw.com writes:
Also keep in mind that you will want to acquire the glove box door and dash
panel, since the Monza unit is silver in '65.  I like the silver look but it
might look mismatached with a COrsa dash.  Are you building a Corsa clone,
or a turbo Monza.  I think a turbo Monza would be cool.  Different, and you
can add all the Corsa stuff.  Monza crosses on the fenders, turbo emblem on
the deck lid.  You could either refinish the Corsa dash silver, or use a '66
Corsa dash ('65 Corsas had an exposed silver line around the edge of the
cluster that is black in '66) with a '66 or later Monza glove box door and
panel.  I think refinishing the Corsa dash to match the '65 Monza silver
would look really neat.

Norm

The trick thing would to build a 65 Monza Spyder - Just add on the script -
Then say to anyone who asks "It's a real early 65 - I don't know!" <grin> If
you are adding the Corsa dash to a 110 or 140 engined car, you will need the
carburetor balance tube for a 140 (in a Corsa) it has the little fitting for the
vacuum tube to mount. Just use a longer hose if installing on a 110 motor. On
the 180, it just mounts to a fiting on the Passsenger side cylinder head. If a
Corsa is being converted from a 140 to a 180, all the wiring is already there
for the warning buzzer, hidden under the drivers foot carpeting. Just plug in
the buzzer. - Seth