<VV> no lights or gauges

Bonnzz@aol.com Bonnzz@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:49:10 EDT

Hey guys,
Got my 66 140 Corsa with the 4 bbl running today (after 10 years of sitting)
The o ring job went fine untill I started it up....had no compression in one
cylinder...turned out to be a bent push rod..Guess I didn,t install it
correctly the first time. Runs great now.
I am having electrical problems now....no head lights, no blinkers (front or
back) but I have both rear tail lights..(brake lights don't work either)
also, none of my gauges or dash lights work.....Is this the ground strap in the
dash problem?? I will attempt to remove the dash tomorrow, however, I have the
round AC holes in both sides of the dash. Is there any tricks I need to know
before I attempt this repair?? I am using the new Bob Helt book as a guide,
but it seems like anything easy that I attempt to do becomes a major problem.
Thanks for all the help......Mark Kinnan

Bonnzz@aol.com