<VV> leg update...

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:09:44 EDT

Hey guys and gals,
Just a short note to let everyone know MY CAST IS OFF!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
HA! (Sorry, had to throw in a Rebel yell there since I'm thrilled this time
has come!)
As some may remember, I broke my leg in March... well, after almost 4 months
in a cast (3 different ones, thank goodness... can you imagine the stench?!?)
I now have a "removeable brace" that I can take off to shower, but the Dr
wants me to sleep in it.... the bone is starting to show signs of knitting itself
back together... the gap looks to be about the thickness of a dime, instead of
the 1/4 inch is was last month. I'm still on crutches, but I have some up and
down movement of my foot, so that helps with the walking. The Dr also told me
I could start to get around with just one crutch for short walks in the
house, but go back to both if it starts to hurt.
I want to thank everyone who wrote, called, prayed, sent me t-shirts, and
even stopped to encourage me during the convention... it is still quite swolen,
and Cheryl tells me my foot resembles Fred Flintstone's foot, even though I
have 5 toes and he only had 3.... but it is sooooo nice to get rid of that cast.
The Dr also told me it might be a year before it is completely healed, but it
has started making some fast progress in the last month. That magnetic bone
stimulator thing MUST be doing its job!
Well, thanks again to everyone... now maybe, if the rain EVER STOPS, I can
get some work done on my vans... and dig up some parts... and figure out where
all my strange parts have been packed in what boxes...
Still unpacking....
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg