<VV> More ummph needed

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:26:29 -0400

springs are SBC - they were new, as are the lifters... also SBC.

Thanks for the reminder.

Compression was checked a couple of weeks ago... 135-145 across all cyls.

Valves are at 1/4 turn, COLD method.  Never clicked on me, not once.

So far, got 1 vote poor cam (OT-30), and 1 vote cam is 1 tooth off.  (I
don't think so, but then again - grasping at straws here.)

Thanks Bob - love your book btw - keep referencing it all the time.

Barry

Anything else I failed to mention is stock. (unless I remember diff after I
post this!)

Barry,
You didn't mention valve springs. Weak springs could limit rpm. Also with an
OT 30 you should be using upgraded springs with installed height especially
set for wanted seat pressure.

Also are your valves set properly? (i.e. adjustment)

What does a compression check say?

Regards,
Bob Helt

Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.