<VV> Too much vacume at idle

chris czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:28:00 -0400

its a 63/pg/monza 900

It is apparent I am getting way too much vacume at idle.  Its at 14
degrees, and steady with the va and carbhose plugged.  As soon as I plug
in the lines correctly it
shoots up to way off the guage.

The car idles ok, but does not like between 1-15.  At 15 it takes off.

Dwell is 32.

If I have the timing advanced, say 17 plugged.  It cruises at 15 with the
feet off the gas.  Bucks/knocks when warm at low speed accelleration.
And does not like being restarted hot, unless I plug the VA line.  Then
it starts fine.

I forgot my meter so I don't know the tach.

Letting the car cool off to see how it restarts cool.

Will re-check for vacume leakes.  Hoses are new and clamped.   I checked
the float levels.  New inline fuel filter and at the carbs.  New fuel
lines.
No paper gaskets on the carbs, but the new plastic ones.  Did not have
any paper ones in stock.

I hear a funny sound on the generator side.  Sounds like a leak, but
spraying starting fluid around the lines and the carb and it doesn't
change anything.

Thanks to all.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!