<VV> pilot bearing

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:48:01 -0600

Several Approaches.
1.  Pack with grease and put a old input shaft in (old one that wont be
used anymore)  pound on the end.  The hydraulic pressure will drive it out.
Another option is to do the same thing with bread.

2.  Get a 18MM Spark Plug thread chaser.  Put it in and turn it.  It will
thread into the bushing and bottom out at the base of the hole.  Keep
turning, this will then drve the bushing out.

3.  Rent a Puller.  I did this a few weeks ago.  The one I got was to big.
Deciding to keep it I ground the fingers that it cathes the bushing with
down to fit inside it.  Usually these attach to a slide hammer, that is
then used to pull it out.

Hope that helps!
Geoff Johnson

--On Friday, July 23, 2004 11:38 AM -0700 lloyd biggerstaff