<VV> Moving LM chassis

Charles B. Peck cpeck@salmoninternet.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:18:43 -0600

I hope this is OK question for this forum -

My '65 Corsa vert is coming along OK, so I have started the resurrection
my '65 Corsa Coupe, who's chassis has been suspended from the roof of my
garage for more than 20 years.

I want to get the chassis outside the garage so I can get it transported
to Vair Mart to get the 140 engine being rebuilt there along with the
front suspension put in.

My thought is to get 4 Car Dollies from Harbor Freight:

(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=38959)

Put them under the chassis and push it out the door.

Major constraints are:
	the car is in Sunnyvale, California; and I am coming down from Salmon,
Idaho in my Ford F150 with car trailer with the hope of taking car back
to Salmon - trip is mainly for a checkup at my doctor.
	I am somewhat disabled, so I don't feel up to much work that has to be
done quickly.

Now the question - What is DUMB about this plan? Any better thoughts on
getting the chassis out of the garage?

TIA

Chuck

cpeck@salmoninternet.com