<VV> Car reaction to sway bars

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:31:44 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2004 6:17:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Kwoverby@aol.com writes:

I am  wondering how the heavy sway bar on front differs from the heavy sway
bar  on the rear. I run a heavy bar on the rear of my late model and get
increased steering (or oversteer) when autocrossing. Does the heavy front
bar do the
opposite?

Thanks, Ken

Ken - It is a matter of Balance. The Stock late model was set-up for mild
understeer. (Safer for the untrained driver). By adding a thick rear bar you
changed the balance toward oversteer. By changing your stock front bar to a more
 effective front bar, you would be tilting the balance toward understeer
again. -  Seth