<VV> Too much vacuum at idle

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:36:49 EDT

Chris, there is supposed to be NO vacuum at all on the vacuum advance (VA)
hose when the engine is idling.  Either you have the VA hose attached to the
wrong port on the carb (it should be on the vertical tube, not the horizontal
tube) OR your carb is open so far above idle that the carb is permitting some
vacuum signal on the VA line.

I think you should be focussing on the carb, not the distributor.
Craig Nicol