<VV> funny noise follow-up (b)

Lauren C Mizel slmizel@juno.com
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:19:29 -0500

A few days ago I wrote asking about my "chirping" noise (that started
sounding like a hampster wheel that needed oil)...most of you suggested
looking at the U joints...some suggested wheel bearings...and one or two
said to look at brakes.  I have a little further information now that I
finally got a chance to jack up the car and look around and would value
your thoughts before I take it all apart.  The passenger rear wheel will
not roll forward freely.  I can force it, but get a grinding noise.  It
will roll backwards fairly easily, but makes the same noise (just not as
intense).  The drivers' side rolls freely either way.  When I spin the
drivers side back wheel either direction, the passenger side wheel spins
the opposite direction w/o noticable noise (but I am on the other side of
the car, so it may be making noise).  It doesn't feel like brakes to me,
but I am admittedly a rookie!  I am sorry if this post gives no further
useful information, but I like to get as much feedback as I can before I
start taking things apart (especially when it's all new to me!).

TIA for all the assistance
Steve Mizel
CORSA
65 Corsa Vert 140/4 sp

THAT does not sound like U joints

If it was sudden, probably not wheel bearing - they normally give a
warning.

Could be something with the brakes.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!