<VV> RE: 30 year old gas tank mud/should've been a Buick

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:40:08 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2004 3:12:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mopar@jbcs2.net writes:
Inside the gas tank I found about an inch os mud along the
bottom, as well as at least a dozen valve stem caps and several small
driveway stones??????????

Thats funny... kinda reminds me of my childhood... I grew up on a farm, had a
gravel road, and the old car that Dad had at the time was "Wom-wom"... a 1949
Buick Roadmaster. It got the name "Wom-wom" from the sound the starter
made... anyway, those of you familiar with late 40s and early 50s Buicks know about
the "port holes" on the hood or fenders... I used to take small rocks and
place them inside one of the four fender holes on the Buick and listen to the
"BBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb........ PLINK!" sound it would make
travelling down the tube and hitting the road again....
Sounds like the guy should have had an old Buick....
;-)
As for Corvair content, about this time my Dad had a convertible Monza, blue
w/blue interior if I remember correctly, probably a 64, and it had a lot of
chrome in the engine compartment, so I believe it was a Spyder... I was in
Kindergarten at the time, so this would have been the early 1970s... Mom bitched
until he sold it later that year... I can remember the words she said when he
brought it home... "What does a middle aged man with a family and 4 kids need
with a CONVERTIBLE SPORTS CAR!?!".... (Dad was in his late 40s, mom was about
30)....
I still think about that and smile.... and I'm thankful Cheryl doesn't think
I'm out "cruising for chicks" when I'm out in my 64 sedan or my 'briers....
:-)
Later,
Lonzo