<VV> Re: 64 power top leak and my goof

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:11:11 EDT

that leak sounds like power top cyls. i dont think the seals like auto trans
fluid. also get the rear seat bottom out, it will soak up top fluid on edges
and ruin it.  my power top had brake fluid in it i think.  been a long time.
the crank area leak on the 4 SPD  was a mistake on my part.  maybe crank seal
did not get lubed with assemby fluid or vaseline and burned the lips to the
crank? or shaft seal damaged on the way together? i like to pull the whole
powertrain for this reason(or stick to earlys..better yet!).....  back to my cave
           regards tim colson